Did You Miss Me?

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

It's been a while, huh?

The last few weeks have been interesting. I've been sick, more family and sorority deaths (attending my great aunt's funeral today). Now, I'm dealing with both of my parents being sick at the same time. They both have bacterial infections, so the last few days have been interesting. It has given me a glimpse into what taking care of my parents may be like as they age. This is the only time I'm not fond of being an only child....

Long story short, life happened and I totally lost my blogging mojo. So I forced myself to do this entry so I could get back into the habit. So that's what's been going on with me, now back to regular programming...

I recently purchased this top from JCPenney. I was trying to figure out a way to wear it, so I went to Polyvore.
A combination of this outfit...

Black & White & Red

And the flower element from this outfit
ANITA
$230 - net-a-porter.com


And here is what I came up with....
 





 




Shirt: JCPenney
Skirt: Wet Seal
Tights: Wal-Mart
Shoes: Rack Room
Ring & Bracelet: Body Shoppe
Flower: don't remember

Around this time of year, my hair goes on strike. I seem to hit a growth plateau around February. Last year, I protective styled with Kinky Twists and wigs.

This year, I decided to try fluffy (afro) twists. They are a thicker and fluffier version of kinky twists. A lot of naturals like this style because it looks more like our natural hair. I really like them. I wanted them a little thicker, but I think this more closely resembles my hair.

2 comments:

LV on February 17, 2011 at 11:43 AM said...

Like the black white and red. Really love the ring you are wearing.


http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

Faces by Tamara on February 18, 2011 at 12:31 PM said...

I love your twists!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails