In My Lifetime...

Thursday, August 28, 2008

My parents remember where they were when Kennedy was assassinated.

They and others remember what they were doing when they heard the news that Martin Luther King, Jr. was assassinated.

For the first time in my life, I have one of those memories. In a few years, I will be able to tell my children and (many, many years later) grandchildren where I was when the first black man received the Democratic nomination for the President of the United States!!!!!

Granted, it's not the most romantic of locations. I'm sitting at my desk at work eating chilli-cheese fries and drinking Sunkist....LOL. But the moment is mine and it's still powerful.
I'm emotional, proud, nervous, excited, expectant and about a thousand other emotions over the next few months and the future of our country. It's an exciting time to be an American and an even more exciting time to be an African American!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OBAMA '08!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comments:

Kim {The Stylish Life} on September 3, 2008 at 10:02 AM said...

Hey! Check out my latest blog post. Your blog was nominated as a blog that I love =) http://alifeofstyle.blogspot.com/2008/09/life-of-style-i-love-your-blog.html

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails