Today's do....

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Hey all!

I had my hair colored on Friday and ever since then, I've been itching to wear my hair out. If you don't know I've been on a protective hair & hide your hair challenge until my nappiversary on June 26. For the most part I haven't worn my hair out in public much since the end of February.

I decided to wear my hair out today. Last night, I DC'd for an hour (baggy, no heat) with
  • Condish (don't ask me what kind I forgot LOL)
  • Olive Oil
  • Silk Amino Acids (SAA)
  • Wheat Germ Oil
  • Jojoba Oil
  • Baking Soda
Man my hair was super soft afterwards! So I co-washed with ORS Replenishing Conditioner and Kera Care Condish for Color Treated Hair. I let it air dry about 50 percent. Sprayed and moisturized with my special "juicing" agent (um, S-curl activator LOL) and did fat two-strand twists all over. Here are the results....


It's in a relatively low puff (trying to make sure no hair brushes clothing). Made the headband myself...

Here's an upclose of my texture...I finally have some! LOL


I think I will go with this style for the remainder of the week. It feels good to have my hair out for a change.

What are your hair plans for the summer?

4 comments:

Kim {The Stylish Life} on May 4, 2010 at 9:37 PM said...

Your hair looks nice. My summet hair plans just involve going back to my old stylist, sticking to my vits and water, minimal heat, and growing my 'do out.

Moni @ CL Journal on May 5, 2010 at 1:57 AM said...

To try to find a color for my hair (I'm allergic to dye). Rinses are doing the trick (I have dark brown/black hair)

Also need to find a protective style for the summer since I am now 7 months in transition and do not plan on cutting dead hair until my 1 year anniversary in October!

TrendySocialite on May 11, 2010 at 1:06 PM said...

@ Kim Thanks! That sounds like a great regimen...good luck!

@ Moni Can you do Aveda color? Or have you tried henna? I know some people on the forum I'm apart of rave about it. I have no clue about the ingredients, but perhaps you should research it. My fave protective style was rollersets. I sorta miss them LOL

Charlotte on June 18, 2010 at 1:24 AM said...

Very pretty! Did you get the color from henna? I'm new to your blog so I haven't read through the archives of your hair journey.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails