Things Every Well Prepared Woman Needs to Carry (Part 1)

Thursday, July 22, 2010

On my YouTube channel, I've started doing a series on things every well-prepared woman should carry with her. I've already gotten enough for 2-3 more videos...thanks to by BFF over at A Life of Style, Kim, and a couple of my YT subscribers. Here is a recap...

$20 in cash: My mom told me to carry cash since I was old enough to go anywhere! She reminded me of it when I started dating and I do it to this day. Even in this technological age, sometimes you just need cash. Whether it's to leave a tip or because a small business owner only accepts cash or because you are stranded somewhere and need to catch a bus or cab home....keeping a small amount of cash  (especially women) is a MUST-DO!



Clear Nail Polish: Clear nail polish has a myriad of uses and can come in handy on the run.
  • Stop runs in panty hose
  • Seal envelopes
  • Waterproof matches (useful if you go camping *shrugs*)
  • Add shine to costume jewelry and belt buckles
  • Thread needles (dip thread, rub between fingers. Dries quickly and hardens to make threading easier)




Spare Earrings: Can't tell you the number of times I've either lost an earring or it broke. Having a spare pair of earrings is a life saver for me, because I'd rather go home than walk around without earrings! LOL I recommend either a pair of diamond studs or pearl earrings. Just remember to put them back in your bag after you've worn them.





A Pair of Sunglasses: This is for my inner celebrity! They are a must-have when I travel...especially by plane. As soon as the doors open to the airport terminal, on go the shades. They come in handy when I travel early in the AM. Sunglasses (especially if they are big enough) and clear lip gloss give an illusion of a totally made up face.








Mini Sewing Kit: This is pretty self explanatory. Always good to have in case a button pops off or a hem rips. I admit I don't routinely carry this, but Kim convinced me to do so. You can purchase them from your local dollar store.










Travel Toothbrush and Toothpaste: Once again pretty self-explanatory. Sometimes gum and mints don't cut it. And you (and no one around you) wants to smell garlic breath all night LOL.



Stay tuned for more "Items Every Well Prepared Woman Needs to Carry"...

1 comments:

About Mrs Jaye on July 22, 2010 at 6:03 PM said...

i love this post

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails