The Way I Wash

Monday, January 12, 2009

For the past few months I've been on the co-wash kick. I actually like it and how nice my hair smells afterwards. I can no longer stand my hair smelling at all!!!! It drives me CRAZY...

But I was wondering how clean my scalp was getting. I didn't really want to wash all that often (except when I go to the salon) because I didn't want to strip my hair too much. And then one day I was reading Mane and Chic's blog and the answer appeared (insert heavenly angelic chorus here)...

Shampoo your scalp not your hair. If you're going to use a sulfate shampoo, try diluting it with filtered water and use a color applicator bottle so that the shampoo only gets to your scalp.

So I started doing this January 2, 2009. And can I tell you that I love it! I use a skinny point applicator bottle


and apply diluted shampoo (last time I added a drop of peppermint oil because I was having some itching) directly to my scalp and massage.
I get the cleanliness I desire, without draying out my hair. This is definitely a staple for me in 09!!!!!
Try it and let me know how it works for you...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails