Haute & Hair: Review of Maybelline Define-A-Lash Mascara

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Love mascara!!!! Love, Love, Love it! Nothing makes your eyes pop like a good ol' mascara! My eye makeup is not complete until and unless I glide on two coats of this dark piece of makeup heaven.

I try out different mascaras from time to time. My faves are good ol' Maybelline Great Lash (in the pink and green tube) and all of the ones by Lancome (take your pick, they've all done well by me!).

But in a drugstore buying mood, one day I decided to try Maybelline's Define-A-Lash Volume Mascara.
I like the fuschia pink tube so I was excited to try it out. Um, so why did I feel like a 3 year old trying to open a jar when I tried to pull the wand out of the tube....it was soooooooooo hard to get out!!!!
Once I did get it out, the application was great and it did add volume to my lashes. But I literally began to dread having to put on my mascara because this tube made it so hard to get out.
And let's not even talk about trying to put it back in the tube. That took longer than getting it out. The wand would bend and I'd have the darndest time trying to get the wand back in the tube.
As karma would have it, one morning while trying to put the wand back in for my 2nd coat, the applicator brush literally BROKE from the wand....so so much for that. I wasn't too upset though because I was just using it up and then going right back to the department store for my Lancome!
So this is another thumbs down review for me....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails