Welcome to Haute and Hair

Saturday, December 24, 2005

If you are like me, you are constantly looking for inspiration for hairstyles and wardrobe from a variety of sources. If you are also like me, there are few sources for women of color. I am constantly scouring and ripping out pictures from magazines of hairstyles that I like and outfits that I want to copy (minus the designer price tags). But when I'm at the hair salon or standing in my closet trying to put an outfit together, guess what? I can't find the inspiration photos. So this blog is more for me than for others....lol! But I felt that if I was having the same issue, so were others. So here it is...HAUTE AND HAIR!!!!

I will publish photos of hair styles I like. I will try to post a variety of hairstyles, but as a fan and 10-year wearer of short hair, most of my attention will be directed there. I have a few friends who have natural hair, so I'll post hairstyles for those who are natural (some of these styles can be copied by those with processed hair).I will also post my thoughts about products that I use. I tend to be a product junkie, especially lotions. So I will always post something about different products that I run across and decide to try. If you try or use a product and want me to post a review, please feel free to email me. Same thing for shopping, fashion and hair websites. This is definitely a community effort....so let's start some dialogue!

I will also offer some suggestions on how you can get the "haute" look for less....called "Haute for Half." I don't claim to know everything (or most things) about fashion, but I do know how to create a classic look that exhibits individual style and how to do so without breaking the bank.

I look forward to getting to know those of you that will read this blog regularly. And I hope that you will enjoy and contribute to this blog in order to keep it lively. I also hope that you will find plenty of hairstyles that you can use to take to your hairstylist or do yourself.

Haute and Happiness,

Adeea

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails