Haute & Hair: The Emergency Hair Kit

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I can't tell you the number of times I've been at work or out somewhere and received a call to go out to dinner, movies, etc. One look in the mirror and my first response should have been, "heck nah! have you seen my hair?!" I've left wherever I was early to rush home and try to do something to my hair so I look more presentable. The last time I couldn't go home and spent about $10 in "emergency" hair care items. It was at that point that I vowed never to be caught unprepared like that again, if I could help it. So I decided to create my Travel & Emergency Hair Kit (I will have to think of a cuter name for it). Here is the beginning of my kit...


The purpose of this kit is to have a few things on hand that I can leave in my car, take into work or just have on hand to freshen or restyle my hair. This kit isn't complete, but here's an upclose look at its contents so far:


  • Bobby and hair pins (in plastic baggie)
  • Aloe Vera gel
  • Stay Sof Fro (good ol' fashion afro sheen) used for smoothing down edges
  • Hair clips (to section hair or move out of way)
  • Paddle brush
  • Boar brush (for smoothing)
  • Rattail comb (for parting)
  • Hair elastics
  • Oil mix (EVOO, Ultimate Best oil, Nature's Shine)
  • Scarf for smoothing edges (not shown because it was being washed)

There are a few things that I want to add to the kit

  • Phony Bun
  • Phony pony
  • Half Wig (my ol standby, the Outre Ursula)
  • Hot Rollers
  • Flat Iron
  • Hair jewelry (headbands, flowers, hair candy, etc.)

For those of you that live in larger cities and don't drive, you can keep a similar kit in your desk drawer or locker at work. You may have to put your supplies in smaller containers in a smaller storage box, but you could essentially get the same effect.

This kit has already taken up residence in my trunk...never will I be unprepared again in a hair emergency...:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails