Haute & Hair: Answering a couple of questions....

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I had a couple of questions regarding my last post about my transition, so I decided to answer them here...

Remember, I'm just sharing my experiences, so please feel free to comment if you have other opinions or experiences.

Why use diluted shampoo?

I learned this technique from Mane And Chic's blog. Most shampoos can strip the hair of its natural oils which make it dull and lifeless. Many of my LHCF sisters do no shampoo, they do what we call co-washing. Which is basically where you "wash" your hair with conditioner. Conditioner has some mild cleansers in it, so you still cleanse your hair, but you also moisturize and condition it at the same time.

However, there are times when you may have product build up or just want to thoroughly clean your hair. If you had water to your shampoo and pour it in a color applicator bottle, you can pour it directly on your scalp (which is actually what you are trying to clean) and minimize any stripping on your hair.

Do you take hair vitamins?
Yes, I take hair vitamins. Here is a list of the vitamins I take.

What type of rollers do you use?
I use different rollers, depending on the look I'm trying to achieve (how curly). I have 1" rollers, 2" rollers, 1/2" rollers, and black satin foam rollers.

Here is one technique I use. here is another post on my rollersetting technique.

Please keep the questions coming! I love them....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails