The Curly Girl (CG) Method Works for Me!!!!

Friday, July 10, 2009

I posted last week about hair feeling dry and got some great feed back. But I still wasn't really satisfied with the curliness (or lack thereof) of my hair if I didn't twist it. I wanted something that if pressed for time I could wash and go and still look good. So I started researching the Curly Girl CG method and decided to try it. Here's what I did...
  • DC'd on dry hair with EVOO and Giovanni SAS for 1 hour under electric heating cap
  • Co-washed with Giovanni SAS and Nature's Gate Jojoba Condish
  • On the first co-wash I put Nature's Gate in a color applicator bottle (pointy tip) to apply directly to scalp to cleanse
  • 2nd co-wash I use Giovanni SAS and apply to hair
  • Rinse with cold water
  • Lightly pat hair with T-shirt (towel can cause frizz)
  • Apply Giovanni Direct Leave In
  • Cover with plastic cap for 10 minutes
  • Apply Black Earth Crinkles & Curls Foam
  • Apply Coconut Oil
  • Apply Raw Shea Butter
  • Cover with plastic cap for one hour (allow moisture to set)--OPTIONAL depending on my time
  • Uncover
  • Define curls and pre-style (finger coils and smoothing edges--SEE PICS)
  • Air Dry (for me I co-wash at night and dry overnight)
  • Finish styling (for me that is defining curls and pulling pieces, moisturize and seal with oil)
Here are wet pics after I've defined and pics of what it looked like this morning.
Styled....
I like unkept, wild, messy hair...so I really like this. It's an easy do and I can spritz it with moisturizer during the day and it not come undone. Takes about 10 minutes to get the pieces like I want, but I'm set for the day. My hair is soft, fluffy and has some sheen to it without it being jheri-curl looking. LOL
This will probably be my go-to do til the back grows enough for my next style (shhhhhh)...LOL

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails