One Month Natural

Thursday, July 30, 2009

I've been natural for a little over a month now. I have to say I LOVE it! I've only had one near breakdown and that's regarding moisture balance. But I think I'm on the other side of that. Here are comparison shots...

Big Chop June 26, 2009 One Month Natural






























Along the way, I've learned a few things...
  • My hair doesn't like Raw Shea Butter (unless it's melted and mixed in with something else)
  • EVOO is still the best overal moisturizer for my hair (and it has multiple uses)
  • I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the smell of freshly washed hair
  • Men LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the smell of freshly washed hair LOL
  • I won't straighten my hair nearly as often as I thought I might. I adore my texture
  • People at work were a lot more complimentary (at least to my face) than I thought
  • I don't have to justify my hair to others (not like I was going to anyway)
  • Every texture of hair has it's advantages and disadvantages
  • I shouldn't have cut dow the back when I first BC'd as much as I did...
  • I have to be much more intentional about moisturizing than I did when I was relaxed
  • I love my coils, I love the softness, I just LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Jawn Nash on August 5, 2009 at 12:03 PM said...

Your hair is Be-a-YOUTIFUL, girl! Shea butter doesn't work well with my hair on its own either! It leaves an awful residue... what do you mix it with because I still get the feeling it could do wonders for moisturizing my hair if used properly.

Trendy Socialite said...

Thanks Jessi! I usually melt the shea butter in my deep conditioning mix. I put a little in my homemade curling pudding too.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails