FBFF: An Attitude of Gratitude

Friday, April 15, 2011

This week's FBFF is all about having an attitude of Gratitude. Older people say (and I think there is a song also) "give me my flowers while I am living." That saying essentially says that appreciate me while that person can hear, see, feel, and appreciate it.

When it comes to be personally – I owe a lot of who I am to:
First, God! No brainer there. Secondly, my parents who still remind me that I can do anything I want to do with hard work and prayer. Thirdly, my friends, or as I like to call them "The Council." All of these people and a few others at strategic points have challenged, encouraged, prayed or motivated me in some way.

I think every person needs to have an advisory board, a board of directors, etc. A group of people with whom you can share ideas, ask for advice, seek counsel, etc.

When it comes to be professionally – I owe a lot of who I am to:
Dr. Virginia Hardy. Vice Provost of my division. She is my soror, my boss and my mentor. She epitomizes the professional, down-to-earth, smart, savvy and honest black woman. I love her convictions, her honesty, her forthrightness. She is well-rounded, educated, funny. And knows how to turn "it" (black women know what that "it" is) on and off when needed.

When it comes to the art of blogging, I’m grateful to these people for helping me through some rough spots
All the 1,432,094 blogs I read on a weekly basis. I get post ideas, contest and/or giveaway ideas, style ideas, etc. from these great bloggers. I often encounter writer's block or think what I want to write about is silly. But inevitably, I will see it on another blog and it validates my thinking.

But probably the blogger that has helped me most is my BFF Kim at The Stylish Life. I run things past her and she always has a helpful idea or suggestion.

One blogging challenge I’m grateful happened because it made me stronger was…
I haven't really had one honestly. But that's probably because I'm not as consistent as I should be with my blogging.

To my readers, I’d like to say…
THANK YOU!
You make blogging fun and worthwhile. Your comments, retweets and references make my day. Sometimes you can feel all alone and isolated in this blogosphere, so knowing someone is actually reading your words is gratifying and humbling. I hope you find what I write somewhat entertaining and informative. You and your comments are the reason I continue blogging.

This was a wonderful exercise and reminds me to say "thank you" to a few people in the coming days.

Who are some people to who you should extend gratitude?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails