I'm Now "That" Girl...

Monday, April 18, 2011

When I go out to events, parties, etc. I do not generally have my picture taken by "Picture Man." I think I have been forever traumatized by the ghetto backgrounds that I've seen at clubs and parties over the years.

This is "my neck, my back" Khia

I said I would never take another photo at a party, unless it was my own. Well, never say never, because I have now turned into "that" girl, that has her picture taken by picture man.

It started at a friend's party during my 35th birthday weekend. His frat brother was there taking pics (oop-roo) and I wanted to have a pic of my girls and I, soooooo....

I hate the fact that our yellow bracelets are showing...ugh!

A couple of months later, I was at a day party during CIAA weekend (everyone should go one time in their life before they die LOL) and had this picture snapped....

Hair: Nia Girl by Freetress
Earrings: Beautiful Destruktion (etsy)
Jumpsuit: Charisma (local boutique)
Belt: I dunno

 Love the pic except for the fact one of my earrings is turned the wrong way. Ugh. Did I mention EV-ER-Y-ONE should go to CIAA weekend at least once in their life?!?!?!

CIAA picture man did have an airbrush city background which I refused to stand in front of. So I asked him to move the background aside so I could take pics in front of these 80 throwback posters. The venue was called "The Breakfast Club" so the 80's throwbacks are appropriate.

The latest pic comes from my college alma mater's alumni party held this past Friday. Shout out to Reco and Markiest. You are the best hosts!

Dress: ebay
Earrings: Beautiful Destruktion (etsy)
Shoes: Paris Hilton Pumps (Marshall's)

I'm not really feeling my pose. Feel like my legs are too far apart for it to look lady-like. I was trying to look kinda casual, like I wasn't trying to hard, but it didn't work. I have to work on my posing. Seriously. And I've just come to realization that I hate my knees. Has anyone ever had a knee lift?!?!? Just saying...

To my chagrin, I've become "that" girl that seeks out picture man to have my photo snapped. Stop giving me the side eye...at least I'm not doing this...


Hope you enjoyed your weekend!

5 comments:

BESOS LYNN on April 18, 2011 at 11:13 AM said...

OMG! That is soo funny, I have a few of these pictures in my photo album.
besos,lynn

GFS on April 18, 2011 at 12:15 PM said...

You rocked the HELL out of that hair, earrings and graphic print dress!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Juanette on April 18, 2011 at 1:06 PM said...

Loving the alumni party look, very cute!

I met a guy from North Carolina and he kept talking about CIAA weekend and I thought it was him living in the past, didn't seem like grown people behavior but you've redeemed him, lol!

TrendySocialite on April 18, 2011 at 1:47 PM said...

@ Besos, I have one of these pics too, but if I have anything to say about it, you will never see it LOL

@ Reiko, Thanks girl! I felt really good in this dress! Wish more people would have seen it. I will have to wear it to a party out of town.

@ Juanette, CIAA is definitely an experience. There are so many parties, events, concerts, vendors, etc. I went to 1 day party on Saturday and people were in there sweating and dancing like it was midnight! The DJ was off the chain...best DJ I've heard in a LONG while! People from current students to elderly people in their 80s attend. People take the entire week off of work for CIAA. From VA down to GA it's event suicide to plan an event during CIAA weekend LOL

Unknown on April 19, 2011 at 9:20 AM said...

You look amazing at your reunion! Love the hair! I was cracking up because I'm always talking about "that" girl - the one that turns her booty toward the camera and peeks over her shoulder in front of the airbrushed city scene backdrop even though she's well into her 20s and 30s...LOL! You haven't become her, dont worry - all of your pics are cute and wouldn't ever end up on MediaTakeout! LOL

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails