30 for 30 Fashion Remix Challenge: Color Blocking Success! Day 4 outfit

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Now that the trend is probably on it's way out...I finally mastered the color blocking trend :)

I saw this post Monday on a (new to me) blog I follow, Economy of Style:

I immediately thought of my newly thrifted pencil skirt that I purchased at Goodwill during my $100 Style Challenge (click here for video)
You will not believe how much out of pocket I spent on this outfit...less than $25!!!!!!!!!!!!
The skirt cost $3.39 from Goodwill...

The yellow longsleeve tee was $7.95 at Marshall's. The shoes were the most expensive at $14 on eBay.
My three favorite pieces are the necklace, jacket and belt...all gifts.

I had been eyeing this necklace at Stein Mart, hoping it would go on sale. It didn't, so I decided to "gift" it to myself for my birthday. I knew I would get a lot of wear out of it, so it would be worth the price (it cost 4 times what I usually pay for necklaces!). Well when I decided to purchase, I happened to be wrapping up Christmas shopping with mom (smart move), and she said she would get it for me as part of my Christmas present...HOLLA!

The Ann Taylor denim blazer belonged to my aunt. It was gifted by her husband and daughter when we were cleaning out her things.

The belt was a recent birthday gift from my cousins, Omar and Toya. Love those crazy kids! :)

I felt super cute and cool in this outfit... 

1 comments:

Unknown on July 23, 2012 at 11:30 PM said...

You look very beautiful. Love the look.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails