The Beauty Killer: Dehydration

Thursday, March 11, 2010

That's a scary picture to the left, isn't it?!?!?! Well that could be the effects of dehydration. And quite frankly, that's how I've felt I've looked for the past few weeks.

Out of sheer laziness (too lazy to go get water from Wally world and bring them to my office), I have not had my usual daily intake of water (at least 60 oz.) in over 2 months.
Oh I've been drinking it up...soda, Shirley Temples (my fave), flavored lemonades, tea, coffee...everything BUT water.
I noticed two days ago how dark my under eye area looked. It looked like I hadn't slept in days or that someone was going 3 rounds with me in a boxing ring--and I was losing. My skin was looking flat, dull, lifeless...that's because I was literally killing it! All the new regimens I was using were of little to no effect because I was depriving my body and skin of the one thing it's almost 70% comprised of...water.

Yesterday, was my lowest point! I am not sure how I made it through the work day. My lower back was hurting, I was bloated, fatigued, eyes burning, etc. So on my way to church, I stopped by Starbucks and purchased my coffee and a bottle of water (hey, change doesn't always happen instantly LOL). That first bottle of water felt good down in my sanctified soul! Whoo hoo, I tell ya. You know how that wilted plant revives after getting some much needed water? That's how I felt.
So on my way to work this morning, I stopped by Wally world and purchased two cases of water (plus some other staples for my office). I'm on my 2nd bottle of water and plan to drink at least 2 more before the end of the day.
I am quite sure most of my readers are regular water drinkers...so this message is probably not needed. But I am now a believer in what water can do and the havoc the lack of water can have on your body.
How do you drink your water? Bottle? Tap? Flavored? Let me hear from you!

4 comments:

simplysakeya on March 14, 2010 at 8:48 PM said...

Okay so I have half way gone green. So I don's use plastic bags in the grocery store and I do not buy water bottles anymore. For a long time I just drank tap water in a cup. But at the beginning of the semester I invested in a CamelBak. Its 24oz and I know I need 8, 8 oz glasses of water a day this helps. It has a straw on it and let me tell you. I do not like water, but I drink it like its going out of style it helps so much. Now I bought mine from school so it has Meredith on it and it was $29 then I went to the CamelBak website and I found some as low as $7. Its BPA free and great for the environment. I hope this helps you love. I love this post.

Kim {The Stylish Life} on March 15, 2010 at 1:30 PM said...

I drink water all day long. I try to make it my drink of choice when tempted to get some type of juice. I take 2 bottles of Fiji with me everyday and I have a 20oz SIGG water bottle that I fill up at the end of the day to drink on my way home or during class.

TrendySocialite on March 15, 2010 at 2:44 PM said...

@ Sakeya I think I may get a water bottle too. I'm just bad about filling them up. I like cold water. Most die hard water drinkers can drink it room temp, but I can't for some reason.

@ Kim I don't like the taste of water. Never have. That's why I loved Crystal Light. They say you're not supposed to drink it, but that's really the only way I can actually get my water in. I can drink it if I had lemon juice to it as well, but those are my two options. I have start putting a water bottle on my bedside table. Then I drink the bottle before I get in the shower in the morning. It actually wakes me up...

Kim {The Stylish Life} on March 15, 2010 at 4:45 PM said...

I'm not the biggest fan of the taste of water either but I have grown to tolerate it. Have you tried sliced fruit in your water? The health food store near my house has these natural flavor liquid packets that you can add to water. If I remember I'll get the name the next time I go so you can find them in NC.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails