Haute & Hair: It's Not an Illusion...Illusions Cosmetics Event in Durham, NC

Sunday, March 14, 2010

I covered my first beauty event last night....let me tell you I could get used to this!

Illusions Cosmetics, under the artful conception of sisters Janice & Denise Tunnell, hosted an amazing "Meet & Beat" Saturday, March 13, 2010 in Durham, NC. Thanks to my ever connected bff, Stylish Living, I connected with Denise to cover the event.

Illusions Cosmetics, created in 1998, has received acclaim from celebs such as Taraji Henson, Niecy Nash, Megean Good, Kerry Washington and Vivica Fox. The line started with lip gloss and has since expanded to foundation, anti-shine serums, pressed & loose powders and facial cleansers for men.

In watching the twin make up artists work their magic one of their attributes that most impressed me was the personal attention they gave to each client. Selling their products were secondary to answering the client's questions and explaining to them techniques to help them achieve professional results at home. For me, that's what makes me a repeat customer is when you share tips not just try to push products.

I'm in the market for a new foundation, so I wanted to see what color matches my skin. Denise tested a foundation and it was light yet provided great coverage. I'm ordering the foundation tomorrow.

I also received a great swag bag with the following:

  • Ecotools Cleansing Sponges

  • Mocha Rose lip balm (smells sooooo yummy)

  • Illusions Eye Dust in Soft Rose (pictured right)

  • Hibisca Juice

  • Orange Ginger Salt Glow
The swag bag alone was worth the hour and a half drive. I'm really excited about this line of cosmetics and more importantly for meeting two savvy, beautiful women.

See more here...


1 comments:

Kim {The Stylish Life} on March 15, 2010 at 1:28 PM said...

That eye dust is so pretty. May have to check it out.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails