Trendy Traveler

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

As I was in the airport today I noticed some stylish travelers. Airport travel attire can sometimes be tricky as it needs to be functional and comfortable, yet if you’re like me, you want it to be stylish. And believe me, there is a fine line between functional and frumpy when it comes to travel attire.

I think there are a few style options you can choose for travel:

  • Leggy European: A relatively monochromatic (perhaps with a splash of color) look with leggings as the foundation.
  • Trendy Globetrotter: Chic and savvy athletic wear that does not have the frumpiness of sweats. This look is very tricky and quite frankly, most people just do not get it right!
  • Jeanious Jetsetter: Dark-rinse jeans as a foundation for a casually sophisticated look.
  • Dressed to Deplane : Comfortable and fashionable dresses that allow you to deplane immediately have fun!
For my most recent business trip, I chose the “Leggy European.” For my departing trip, I wore
  • Off-the-shoulder heather gray sweater from Old Navy
  • Black tank
  • Black leggings
  • Black pashmina scarf
  • Black, gray and white plaid ruffle trench
  • Dark shades (yes even at 7 AM)
  • Black patent leather flat loafers
  • Chunky silver necklace from Forever 21
I was all set!
*~*TIP: When flying, pack your jewelry (belts too) in a zip lock bag and put it on once you pass through security checkpoints. This will save time and aggravation.*~*
I don’t wear makeup while travelling, so the shades are a good camouflage. I do throw on clear lip gloss, so my shades and lipgloss resemble a fully “made up” face. :)
If the Sartorialist would have been around, he definitely would have snapped my picture.
For my return trip home, I wore
  • Black leggings (yes, the same ones…I shower—don’t judge me! LOL)
  • A black tank (I brought two)
  • My all-time favorite Victoria’s Secret wrap sweater in a beautiful raspberry shade
  • Same black pashmina scarf
  • My favorite multi-colored cross with matching earrings
  • Dark purple patent leather mary-jane flats
  • Dark shades
In the airport, I saw a couple of women who really did look effortlessly chic, yet comfy.
One petite traveler (she couldn’t have been more than 5’4) wore:
  • Khaki jacket
  • Black “babydoll” top
  • Dark rinse jean capris
  • Flip flops (the least favorite part of her outfit, but I gave her a pass)
Her hair was in a cute messy side ponytail and she looked absolutely adorable.
The other traveler that caught my eye wore:
  • Khaki jacket
  • Black crewneck t-shirt
  • Dark rinse straight-leg jeans
  • Black flats (with a bow)
The thing that I noticed about her outfit was the cutest pink sequined tote she was carrying. No way could anyone mistake that for their bag. It also matched her pink and brown luggage she carried.
With just a little effort and thought, you can set a style that is comfortable, yet attracts compliments and style watchers (such as myself).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails