The Holy Grail: Have I Found the Perfect Moisturizer?!?!?!?

Friday, September 24, 2010

*insert angelic singing here*

I was on Facebook the other day (I'm now on a FB hiatus) and saw a post by Mane and Chic (if you don't follow her blog, you should be!) about a moisturizer. I've been on the hunt since I Bc'd for a moisturizer that would leave my hair moisturized and soft with a little sheen. I've done and tried everything. When I saw her post, I was a little skeptical. But every tip I've tried from Mane and Chic has worked...so I said "Why not?" The added bonus was that I already had the ingredients underneath my bathroom sink. So I mixed it up...

Want the recipe? Ok, stay with me here...I don't want to take you too fast. The ingredients are.....

Equal parts Aloe Vera Gel and Vegetable Glycerin.

THAT'S IT!!!!!!!

So now I'm really skeptical...I'm used to measuring, mixing, melting, etc. Besides, it's not like I haven't used these ingredients separately. And I haven't gotten stellar results. But I had faith in Mane and Chic...she hasn't steered me wrong yet, so I gave it the ol' college try.

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My hair is now the softest and most moisturized it's ever been! I'm not afraid for anyone to touch my hair and frankly have some difficulty keeping my own hands out of my hair. But I try not to catch the H.I.H. (Hands in Hair) disease. Even at the end of the day, it's soft, moisturized and great to play in (hint, hint).





This is definitely going to be one of my staple products. My only variation to this recipe in the future will be to substitute Honeyquat for the glycerin. This should be a good option for those whose hair does not agree with glycerin.

If you're looking for a moisturizer, I do recommend this. Let me know how it works for you!

2 comments:

BreukelensFinest on September 27, 2010 at 3:49 PM said...

love your hair and love your blog!!

missdeeplyrooted.blogspot.com

TrendySocialite on September 30, 2010 at 10:43 AM said...

Thanks!!! I'm now following your blog too! Great stuff on it...can't wait to continue reading!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails