My Two "It" Bags for the Fall

Friday, September 17, 2010

So I don't really do "it" bags or things, quite frankly, despite my moniker, I'm not a trend follower like some others. My trends tend to be based on what's comfortable for me and what I'm feeling at the moment. But that's another blog...

So for the fall, I'm digging the following two trends in terms of purses: Clutches (perferably oversized) and cross-body bags.

Clutches
If you don't know, I'm all about bringing the art of the lady back (see my YouTube video about the subject here and here). There is nothing more sophisticated, sexy and dainty than having a clutch (oversized or regular sized) tucked under your arm. I feel like I'm either off to lunch with friends or off to an evening at Studio 54 LOL! It is frustrating to either lug a big ol' purse everywhere on an evening out (especially if you have a date, he may get assaulted with it). Or to have a small purse that doesn't fit the essentials (lip gloss, blot papers, keys, phone, IDs and money) and you end up carrying something in your hand. My favorite purchase so far is this oversized clutch from ebay.


It is HUGE! I can fit EV-ER-Y-THANG in this purse I tell ya! And then some...

Clutches look great with virtually everything from formal wear to jeans and a jacket....



Cross body bags

My love for this bag was born out of necessity for two reasons: football and shopping.

They've instituted a bag requirement at my college's football games (10x10x10) and there honestly isn't space to lug a big ol' purse.

Also, I HATE shopping with a big ol purse (and that's all I carry are big ol' purses). Especially when shopping all day. My bff and I are famous for just carrying our wallets into certain places. But I'm always fearful of laying it down somewhere and losing it or it getting stolen. So my answer to that is the cross-body bag. It allows me the freedom and peace of mind to shop, cheer for my favorite team or hold my honey's hand in peace.

I've seen cross body bags everywhere from Target to Stein-Mart, online and in stores and everywhere in between. Here is the display at my local Stein-Mart!

As you can see there is no lack of style, texture or color when it comes to cross body bags. Here is one I recently purchased for a friend...


Try on of my "it" bags for the fall...I think you may like it!

1 comments:

Kim {The Stylish Life} on September 17, 2010 at 11:10 PM said...

Love the clutch!! Is it vintage? I love a cross body bag too. My hands need to be so I can properly schmooze, lol

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails