- I am not challenged in my current position (this is an OLD revelation)
- I am too comfortable where I am and with what I'm doing
- I do not like my life and my future in other people's hands (but who does right?)
- I am not a 9-5 type of gal (10-7, 8-4, 3-11 or any other real set schedule)
- I work to get the job done; regardless of the time of day. But after the job is done, I want to move onto something else (preferably personal)
- I need variety and flexibility in my life (in projects, duties, schedules, locations, etc.)
- I am horrible at work-life balance (another factor weighing in the situation I'm working through)
- The ability to connect with friends, family and others is really important to me (and I do not get to do it as much as I would like in my current professional and living situation)
- I do not need the amount of clothes, shoes, (dare I say) jewelry, etc. that I think I need (this 30 for 30 challenge is teaching me that)
- I value experiences more than things
- I think I want to try a telecommuting job or some other job that I do not have to always punch a clock (they do exist right?) :)
- I like travel, hotels and living out of a suitcase (at least right now, but I've never done it, so I could easily and quickly change my mind :))
- I am tired of keeping up with the Joneses, Garcias, and Smiths (smile). And with the money I'm making, I can't keep up with them anyway :)
- I don't always have to do what my friends are doing or what they think is important. In other words, I don't have to go along to get along (not that they expect that anyway)
- I have to stop living above my means and be realistic with myself about where I am financially so I can start really creating the life I want to create
- Greenville will always be my home, but I feel my life is somewhere else
I suppose many of you are reading this and saying, "Well DUH!" You should be your own person and not keep up with anyone else. You might even think I'm stuck back in junior high trying to impress or fit in with someone else. But at one point or another (whether we will actually admit it or not) we have all done this. Some of us buy houses or cars or take jobs we don't even particularly want for reasons other than that's what WE want do.
So what's keeping me from doing or conquering any of the things listed above? I am not married, I have no children and other than my parents and my church, there is NOTHING keeping me here in Greenville or at my current place of employment. But until I get to the real root of why I'm stuck in this muck and mire currently known as my life, I may likely repeat these posts over time. The devil is a liar! I do not intend to live like this another day.
If I had to take a gander as to what is keeping me where I am, I would say two things 1) procrastination (you may view it as laziness *shrug*) and 2) fear. How I wish it was some external circumstance so I could blame someone else for my own stagnation. But I can't. It's all me. 100% my own fault and doing. I am hoping that being vulnerable (another thing I have to work on) and public with this admission will begin the change process. Dr. Phil says, "You can't change what you don't acknowledge." Say what you want about that man, he has some good one-liners. :) So I'm acknowledging it to the entire blogosphere!