Don't Believe the Hype!!!!

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Ok, I love, love, love Scandalous Beauty. She pretty much reignited my love of makeup and beauty products. But I have to respectfully disagree with her on her latest post on Essence.com.

Actually, I do love Essence.com's hair gallery...in fact it's bookmarked on the side. However, they are somewhat insulting my intelligence with their autumn hair guide, which is just recycled pictures from past seasons or hair guides. IMO, it's hype. But that's because I have my own issues with Essence in general as of late (but that's a separate post).

Speaking of hype, everyone is going ga-ga over Rhianna's hair. Um, hate to burst the bubble of those who think she is a style icon, but does this look familiar??? Just more proof that style and fashion is cyclical. So please ladies, let's not get short-term memory and think that people like Rhianna and Beyonce are doing something new and thus are trendsetters.
This is why I am a proponent of everyone creating their own style because you even celebrities don't develop their own style and copy other looks.
Create your own hype....

2 comments:

Kim {The Stylish Life} on September 17, 2008 at 9:51 AM said...

Rihanna hasn't done anything new or innovative. I'm so not a fan of hers, lol. I wore that hair cut in '93. I remember ripping the picture out of Sophisticate's Black Hair Care magazine and showing it to my stylist.

yummy411 on September 22, 2008 at 10:57 PM said...

lol love it--your frustration and the pic! ha.. rihanna takes the retro and brings it back with a modern twist. she kills a smokey eye!

aj crimson told me something that rings true everytime i look at something like this "nothing's new, just forgotten"

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails