Haute & Hair: Be the Change

Monday, September 29, 2008

This weekend was pretty interesting at work. My state, North Carolina, is a battleground state in the elections and the National Democratic Party have really been sending quite a few resources as well as people to our state. Obama has been here quite a few times, and has been on the campus of my alma mater and place of employment, East Carolina University.

This weekend, three celebrities came on campus to encourage students and the community to register and vote. Friday, it began with Journee Smollett from The Great Debaters. First, let me tell you she is BEAU-TI-FUL and SKIN-TY!!!! LOL

And her hair is hot too (as you can tell). There was a DJ and she came in dancing...she was bright, funny and charming.

Sunday, Ellen Pompeo from Grey's Anatomy and the daughter on CBS's Shark came (I don't feel like googling to find her name...lol). So I must say that I feel like my BSP (Black Star Power) has risen a point or two...LMBO!

Anyway, it's 2:34 AM and I'm really supposed to be tying these dang boxes for the fashion show on Tuesday. What fashion show do you ask? Well I'm on the Board of Directors for our local domestic violence program and our signature event is a fashion show. Our theme this year is "Sassy in the City" (guess what movie was the inspiration for that theme????).

Anyhoo I'm gonna wrap a few more boxes, then I'm turning it in. I'll just wrap more at work tomorrow...oops, did I say that?!?! LOL

1 comments:

Keedah on October 10, 2008 at 6:25 PM said...

I always liked Jurnee since Eves Bayou...and her hair is gorgeous!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails