I'm Ready for my Close-Up!

Thursday, November 4, 2010

I received a text from my bff (@burt365 on Twitter) and she said a friend of a friend of hers was looking for more "diversity" (translation: brown people like me) in a commercial for our local cable provider, Suddenlink. So I offered to do it. They offered to do my hair and makeup...I didn't say anything at the time, but I'm thinking, "Touch my hair?!?! Uh negative!" And I began to think the same thing about the makeup. It was close to Halloween but I didn't want to look like a Night of the Living Dead extra. So I did this smokey brown eye by one of my FAVE YouTubers Coloured Beautiful.

Let me tell you, this was harder than I thought. I don't really envy actors after my 30 minutes in front of the camera. Yes, it took me 30 minutes to film a 60 second commercial LOL. My sound bites will probably add up to about 10 seconds when it's all said and done.

Hair is in my standard twistout. I couldn't keep the twists in quite as long as I want to because I also had a presentation that morning with the "big dogs." But I didn't fully pick them out either. I pretty much just untwisted them and let them hang until it was almost time to go to shoot the commercial.

 I do not know if I will get the commercial in a format that I can post here...hopefully I will. But in the meantime enjoy a couple of pics from my foray into acting.....

 I'm ready for my close-up!!!!

4 comments:

Chelleyrock on November 5, 2010 at 1:05 PM said...

That's great news girl! In my Martin voice, "You stompin' wit' the big dawgs!" lol

Kendra on November 5, 2010 at 5:17 PM said...

Cute! Looking forward to seeing it!

Juanette on November 15, 2010 at 6:38 PM said...

You have me wanting to add some color to my hair maam! Loves it! Do you have a colorist or is this from a box? Do tell! Ooooohhhh you on tv, you so fancy! I wanna be like you when I grow up! Congrats!

TrendySocialite on November 16, 2010 at 1:41 PM said...

@ Juanette I go to a hair stylist for my color. You should be on TV LOL

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails