My Friends (In My Mind At Least)

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

When I daydream about how my life would be if I lived in a fabulous city with outdoor cafes in walking distance of my job, swanky lounges where happy hour lasts for several hours and lofts where I attend intimate dinners and house parties...I imagine myself much like the ladies of Girlfriends and Sex and the City.

Diverse, intelligent women who respect each other's swagger (although I despise that word, it's appropriate) and who have a rare kind of intimacy. My circle would be a little larger than the two shows I mentioned, but would include

My BFF, Kim, from The Stylish Life

My friend, Erma

Those aren't really in my mind, because they are my BFFs in real life....

But I now would like to add two to that mix. Two ladies, I've been stalking, uh, I mean following for a little while now. In my blog reading adventures, I stumbled upon them and instantly connected with their blogs. But I knew their readership was so vast that they wouldn't recognize a country girl from North Carolina.

When Reiko, from God's Favorite Shoes (see picture above), commented on one of my blog posts, I nearly PASSED THE HECK OUT! This woman's shoe game is tight, but I actually admire her style more. She has well-earned the title of "Thrifting Beast" and I love the way she mixes prints, textures and fabrics. If you watched my YouTube video, I don't really take that many risks :). But there are several looks that I plan to duplicate...

So last night I receive notification that someone else commented on my blog. When I saw the name, I said to myself, "Self!" my self said, "huh?" LOL (I'm a little off center like that) "I know this ain't the Juanette I think it is..." So I looked and sure enough, Juanette from Fashion Nette-work commented not once, but 3 times on my blog posts.

You can pretty much stick a fork in me, because I am DONE! I feel like I'm on official baller status...*popping my collar*

If you do not follow either of these blogs, shame on you! If you want style inspiration and ways to mix purchases (designer and thrift), these are the two ladies to follow!

I imagine my girlfriends and I having a standing monthly Saturday thrifting excursion where we hagle and vow to borrow the latest find the other has just purchased. On Sundays, we meet for brunch after church and discuss love, family, friends and fashion (duh!). Then once a year, we have an exotic Girls Get-Away. Next year, it will be the Bahamas. Yeah, I've pretty much plotted this whole thing out....I daydream a lot :)

So now that you've met my crew (some in real life and some in my mind), back to regular programming.

6 comments:

Kim {The Stylish Life} on November 16, 2010 at 4:16 PM said...

Awww thanks!! Loving Reiko's camo & leopard print mixing - very haute!!!! Making a mental note to try that... Great post!!!

GFS on November 16, 2010 at 6:23 PM said...

Ms. Trendy,

I can't even tell how you much I appreciate your kind words. I am literally having the most horrible day on earth...literally and I finally decided to escape my head for a minute and blog surf to distract me.

This post brought a huge smile to my face:) I can't tell you how much this "blog love" lifted my spirits. I totally need a brunch blog clique! And Juanette is pretty awesome. I met her one time in Dallas and that was it...we talk everyday now. She really is a beast on all levels.

Thank you thank you thank you:)

Juanette on November 16, 2010 at 11:23 PM said...

Awwwww thank you SO SO much Adeea, I am so grateful that someone else reads my blog besides me (and my mom, and I'm not too sure she's a subscriber, she play too much.) Is it totally weird that I just had a dream about going to the Bahamas and you are mentioning a girlfriends getaway in the Bahamas? (Now granted, my dream was with my ex-boyfriend but the location was right.) I'm so grateful and honored that you featured me (and Reiko-ko-la, she's been such an encouragement to me) and I'm grateful that if nothing else blogging has brought some beautiful spirits into my life.

Unknown on November 17, 2010 at 2:07 AM said...

LMBO! I can COMPLETELY relate to this post! I have those "friends in my head" also! I love God's Favorite Shoes, the blog and Reiko are awesome!!!

CashmereKinks on November 17, 2010 at 3:17 AM said...

how did you get the cute little widget for your blog. i put it on my blog and noticed how EASY it is to link directly to your blog.

Juceefroot

http://juceefroot.onsugar.com

Prissy on November 17, 2010 at 11:32 AM said...

This is ca-razy!!! Girlfriends are def on my list of "make believe friends". I'm so much like Joan & Tony Chiles combined. I would also have Samantha from Sex in the City on my team as well. She is a trip! Its good to know that I'm not the only person who day dreams about stuff like this.

Prissy

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails