Life is Precious...Live Like It!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

This past weekend I had plans to rest and clean on Saturday. I told my soror that I hadn't planned on even getting dressed on Saturday. Little did I know that Saturday would be a day I won't soon forget.

Saturday morning I slept in and when I woke up, I checked my Blackberry. I had an email from my Chapter President. The title "Car Accident Involving..." caused my heart to drop. But then when I opened it and read these words

It is with a heavy heart that I send out this email. Early this morning, young women were in a car accident.  One of them died instantly and one is in critical condition and the other two are in stable condition.

My heart sank and I began to weep. All of a sudden I had this eery feeling that I knew the victim who died instantly. And a person's name even came to my mind. I brushed it off because I thought I was just being silly. As I was contemplating whether or not to go to the hospital, my line sister called. She told me what she knew and I asked her if she knew who died instantly....when she said her name, I sank down on the floor and cried.

One of the two young women who died in a tragic car accident this weekend was a young woman I had known for a couple of years through an organization I advise.
Victoria Carter (pictured above) had the most amazing slightly raspy voice. I admired her because she wore heels EVERYDAY, EVERY WHERE! She lead one of the most fierce modeling groups on campus, ICON (part of the Black Student Union). She was sweet, kind but clearly possessed a lot of inner strength and style.

There were three other women in the car. Another sweet young lady, Briana Gaither, was on life support and the other two, Taylor King and Camille Arrington, were in stable condition.

I got dressed and went to the hospital. I spent three hours talking with, consoling and just trying to show support during this difficult time. Later that night, I received another email that Briana Gaither (pictured below), also passed away.

In less than 24 hours, two sweet, young, remarkable women suddenly and tragically lost their lives. Words cannot express the amoung of sorrow and anguish I personally feel for these two families. Victoria and Briana were students at active, involved students at ECU and they were loved by hundreds. This has been a difficult time for students and families alike.

If you feel compelled, please go to their memorial page and read the comments or leave a note of encouragement of your own.

Life is so precious....we must live every day like it could be our last.
So live, love, laugh, and pursue your dreams!

Also, if you are not sure, where you will spend eternity, please do not close this blog post without reading about God's simple plan for salvation.

Please continue to pray for the families of the deceased as well as the recovery of Taylor and Camille.

1 comments:

BreukelensFinest on November 23, 2010 at 6:08 PM said...

I was so sad to hear about this story. It was so scary because they were supposed to cross on the same day that I crossed. My heart aches for their family and I pray for the other girls who were injured.

missdeeplyrooted.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails