Natural Chica Mae's "Sweet Shine" Spritz

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I have been rocking this protective style since last Thursday, after I took out my fluffy twists.

Sorry about the sour expression. I didn't sleep last night.

I am wearing the hair that is out in a braidout since Sunday. I prefer the fullness and texture of the braidout better than the twistout. I moisture nightly with Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and water. I seal with Olive Oil. I use Coconut Oil on my finger tips as I undo the braids.

Perhaps, it's the weather, but the past two days the braidout has not been as defined as I would like. So while Facebooking (amazing how that has become a verb huh?), I ran across a post my Mae over at Natural Chica for a homemade spritz that she says will minimize frizziness of a braidout.

Mae's "Sweet Shine" Spritz
  • 2 tsp Raw Honey
  • 1/4 cup Avocado Oil
  • 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
  • 1 tsp Liquid Vitamin E
  • 2 drops Lemongrass Essential Oil (or any EO of your choice)
  1. Mix avocado oil and EVOO first in spray bottle
  2. Then add honey, liquid vitamin E and EO
  3. Shake well to mix! (Note: honey may settle down to the bottom in between uses, so make sure to shake well before use!)
I plan on trying this as soon as possible (depending on if I can find the avocado oil). Stay tuned for my results. Mae's results were definitely good! If you use it or try it before I do, leave your results in the comment section.

On a different note, this week we hav Tibetan monks in the Student Center. They did a performance on Monday and a lecture last night. All this week they are creating sand art. On Friday they dismantle the art and bottle some sand for those that may want some. The remainder of the sand has to be dumped in the nearest body of water.


This is one of the things I love about working in higher education, I am exposed to so much I wouldn't ordinarily experience.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails