Trip to Orlando: My Stay in the City

Thursday, March 31, 2011

I arrived in Orlando Saturday afternoon to a balmy 85 degrees and nothing but sunshine. I checked in to the hotel and the first thing I did was check the view from the balcony.

After relaxing for a while, I decided to grab some grub. I did not rent a car while in Orlando, but luckily there were a ton of eating places near my hotel. I went to Joe's Crab Shack for dinner and had the classic steampot...my favorite. We do not have a Joe's near me, so this was a good choice. I try to make a point to not eat at restaurants and chains that I have at home.

I pretty much spent the rest of the evening relaxing and getting settled.

Sunday, I slept in but ventured out in the early afternoon to pick up my registration materials for the conference. This is what greeted me on my way to the hotel...

Yay!

One of the things the conference participants received was a "Fun in the Sun" kit. I thought this was too cute!

 It included sunscreen, lip balm, first aid kit, etc. This will definitely be in my beach tote this summer!

After leaving the hotel I was starving! Once again, I did not want to go to a chain to eat, so I used Google Places on my phone to see if there was anything interesting nearby. The 2nd restaurant listed was a Cuban restaurant, Havana's Cafe, about 10 minutes from the hotel (walking). OMG! The best food EVER!

I had Camaguey which was skirt steak, chicken and pork, with yellow rice, plantains, red beans and cuban bread.


I was so full after that meal all I wanted to do was take a nap! But I needed to work on my presentation for the next morning. I set up shop on the balcony to work.


I worked late into the night...but I think it was worth it! Stay tuned to the next post to see how my presentation turned out... 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails