Tip Thursday: Using Blot Paper BEFORE Makeup Application

Thursday, March 17, 2011

I picked up this tip from a YouTube vlogger (sorry, name escapes me). I tried it the same day and it actually works! Read on...



This tip helps to absorb excess moisture (especially for those of us with combination or oily skin) before applying makeup.

Apply moisture to face as usual. Allow moisturizer to absorb into skin for 2-3 minutes









I use the blotting papers on the right from Sephora. I received this one as a gift in their rewards program.




Simply blot as normal (no comment on my "no makeup" face)

Here is what was on my blot paper...ewwww

Full disclosure: I use the oil cleansing method, so I fully understand that this may be leftover from my washing my face minutes earlier. Which further emphasizes the need for the use of the blot paper prior to makeup application.

After this, apply makeup as usual and voila!

Since using this technique, my makeup lasts virtually all day without the need for a touch up. Even when I whip out my compact, most of the time I literally just "powder my nose" and that's it.

Let me know if you try this and how it works for you.

On another note, the Tibetan monks are almost finished with the art piece. Tomorrow is the closing ceremony and they will take the sand to the closes body of water and dispose of it. It has been fascinating to watch at times and I must admit it's a beautiful piece of artwork.

That's all sand...


1 comments:

Kim {The Stylish Life} on March 18, 2011 at 4:15 PM said...

Interesting technique. I'm going to try this. Can't wait to see the finished art that the Monks are working on.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails