Trip to Orlando: WINNING Presentation!

Thursday, March 31, 2011

I didn't get much sleep the night before my presentation. It was a combination of nerves, procrastination and adrenaline. I had this fear that I would oversleep and would miss the whole thing! So I set the hotel clock and two different times on my cell phone, just in case I didn't hear the first time (yeah, I know).

The next morning arrived and I was excited! I was as excited about my outfit as I was about my presentation! :)

Remember this?

Here is my version
Skirt: K&G; Denim Shirt: Wal-Mart; Shoes: Rack Room; Necklace: Arthur's (ATL)





























I was scheduled to present at 8:30 AM!!!! I'm not a morning person, there was not a Starbucks nearby and I only had about 3 hours sleep. You would think that's a recipe for disaster...but I surprised myself and did relatively well! Yay me!

I ended up having 45 people attend my session entitled, "Branding Yourself as an Event Professional." At 8:25 there were about 4 people in the room, so I was a bit nervous. But people began to trickle in, then pour in...next thing I know the room was loosely full. There were only about 10 empty seats in the room. For a novice, I thought this was great! WINNING!


The evaluation feedback was really good and people kept coming up to me throughout the day and the following day telling me how much they enjoyed my presentation. WINNING!

Needless to say, I was exhausted at the end of the day. I returned to my hotel and crashed. It rained the entire day and I did not feel like venturing out. So dinner was Pizza Hut because they were adjacent to the hotel (yeah, I know, I broke my own rule).

Tuesday was the last day of the conference. I spent the day in sessions and then returned to the hotel. Quite frankly I have not felt much like shopping the entire time I've been here. So although it was a beautiful day out (sunny and warm again), I decided to spend some time lounging by the pool at the hotel.

 


Lounging poolside will definitely be my summer pasttime.

As the sun set, I changed clothes and decided to go to dinner. I ended up at the Orlando Ale House. I had a tasty apple walnut salad with flank steak on top and raspberry vinagarette dressing.

Luckily, I finished my dinner before a couple set down in front of me (we were at bar tables) and my eyes were assaulted with this...

This is why men need to pull their pants up...

By the time you read this, I will be back in NC and probably at work (UGH)! Hopefully you enjoyed my trip to Orlando as much as I did. Although I did not do much at all, the rest and relaxation was welcomed!

6 comments:

Kendra on March 31, 2011 at 12:10 PM said...

I LOVE your hair! It came out great!

Kim {The Stylish Life} on March 31, 2011 at 1:18 PM said...

Killer outfit!!! Glad to "hear" your session was a success. So jealous you got some sun & warm weather. Dude's butt shot is just nasty! Didn't he feel a draft???

GFS on March 31, 2011 at 2:39 PM said...

AWESOME interpretation of the Jean and leopard look! Bravo! Love the haristyle too:)

Unknown on March 31, 2011 at 5:21 PM said...

Your hair looks GREAT!!!!!! Congrats on having a good session!

TrendySocialite on March 31, 2011 at 5:57 PM said...

Thanks for all the compliments...especially from such stylish people! You make me smile...

Unknown on March 31, 2011 at 6:40 PM said...

Bravo on the outfit!!!! Fabulous!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails